BMW Announces New Subscription Features
Honestly, if this worked backward, it would do a lot for affordability issues. “How much can I save if I don’t want windows? Ok, cool… and what about passenger seats?”
5 Minutes of Fresh Perspective
Reading the daily news doesn't have to suck. Get the email that will make you laugh and keep you informed...for free!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
BMW has announced some more subscription-based features. A few follow the trend of locking prominent features behind paywalls, while others offer a new take on existing concepts.
- Remote Engine Start has been around for a while across brands. Now you can start yours remotely for a fee. Or just ask your kids to go start the car and accomplish the same thing.
- Drive Recorder does exactly that, records your drive with onboard cameras. Add a soundtrack, and *POW* you're a filmmaker.
- Traffic Camera warns drivers about fixed or mobile speed cameras, which doesn't play into any BMW owner stereotypes.
- Driving Assistance Plus with Stop&Go keeps you shuffling ahead in traffic without fender benders in the front or angry honks in the back. Precisely like a mullet.
- Parking Assistance Professional parks the car for you, but unlike its non-professional counterparts, it will park the car hood first. A problem we didn't even know existed or needed a solution!
Most features have monthly, yearly, 3-year, and outright ownership prices except Traffic Camera, which must be paid for by the $25 month.