More People Than Ever Car Shop Online
Customers want to buy in person but shop online. Maybe Brian Kramer is on to something...
J.D. Power conducted and released a 2021 India Sales Satisfaction Study. No two markets are the same, but the data collected in the study leads to some interesting insights.
- 85% of car shoppers do research online, but a strong preference for in-person showroom visits persists.
- 48% of shoppers used YouTube for research
- 35% used social media ads as an online information source
- 68% said they would prefer a completely in-person process
- 20% prefer a completely online process
Sandeep Pande, Lead of Automotive Practice India at NielsenIQ, says the divergence of preference is critical, but all customers want to know is that dealers can anticipate their needs and fulfill them accordingly.