Used Car Value Oddities
Feel free to pass our notes to your used car manager.
5 Minutes of Fresh Perspective
Reading the daily news doesn't have to suck. Get the email that will make you laugh and keep you informed...for free!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Data shows that used car prices are easing, but some older cars maintain their value. Allow us to tell you which models have depreciated the least in the last 5 years and why we think that is (without researching at all).
- -7.30% - Jeep Wrangler - "Jeep owners" is the only explanation we can offer.
- -8.70% - Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - See above
- -14.6% - Porsche 911 - Porsche is one of those brands that just get cooler when they're old.
- -14.9% - Toyota Tacoma - Ford people bash Chevy, Chevy people bash Ford. Nobody bashes Toyota Tacomas.
- -16.3% - Honda Civic - Nobody knows how old Honda Civics are because their drivers are always the same age.
- -18.2% - Subaru BRZ - Go look this car up in Google images and tell us you think it should be removed from the list. We'll wait.
- -19.4% - Ford Mustang - We gotta blame the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" for this one.
- -19.8% - Toyota Corolla - We asked, and no Corolla driver has ever driven faster than the speed limit. That's why they last so long.
- -19.9% - Nissan Versa - We forgot this car exists, and so did the aging power of time.
- -20.2% - Chevrolet Camaro - Apparently, Camaros are pretty popular and well-made.